With the publics burgeoning desire for aesthetic and anti-aging treatments, comes the same number of providers attempting to fill those needs. In days gone by, patients choose their cosmetic doctors primarily by word-of-mouth. Doctor reputations were earned by results and longevity in reality. While this still has significant importance today, the use of paper and visual media and in particular the internet, has enabled a doctor to shape his credibility and reputation way ahead of what years of experience could similarly do. Such digital and electronic exposure could be extremely helpful or could also be potentially deceiving to prospective patients.
Beyond the glitzy advertisements, well-crafted websites, and free seminars with wine and food, what are some helpful criteria that can guide patients on whom to trust to undergo the cosmetic knife, needle, or laser? Many for this most basic criteria are well known and have been published many times in another place. Evaluating training, education, and board-certification are absolute basics and they’re relatively easy to distinguish. Of this group, the fundamental question is.are you board-certified.and in what specialty? Once past these basics, however, the next confidence level can only be gained in an actual visit. Someone’s website can get in order to the consultation chair, but what you learn you will find more informative than any brochure if you exactly what to look and listen for. I would focus on these issues:
1) Did the consultation feel like an educational experience or a sales presentation?
2) Where treatment methods presented and researched.or was only one treatment approach
3) Was time given to answer all your concerns.and a way to respond to questions that may
4) Were actual before and after procedure photos done by the doctor you are seeing shown or maybe method to view them provided?
5) Was visiting actual patients whom have had the procedures offered being an option? Were
these patients whom have had surgery had it involving past three months so that their memories are unprocessed?
6) Finally, once home, did my doctor and his office feel right? Did the consultation enable you to be
feel softer and secure in option?
In the end, a difficult connection which includes a sense of security could be the final layer in the selection process that is built on a foundation with the doctor’s education, training and certifications.
SKIN CLUB – COSMETIC DOCTORS
150A Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3000, Australia
+61 3 9999 7368